Two kinds of labial braces (metal and clear) are used in our clinic.
These braces are made of high grade stainless steel and used for many years. However, recently used metal braces are much more esthetic, comfortable and smaller then the previous ones.
Clear (ceramic) braces:
These braces are made of an artificial composite material and more esthetic than the metal ones. Our adult patients like to choose ceramic braces.
a series of clear, removable aligners are used to solve basic dental irregularities.
These braces are attached to the inner surface of the teeth and preferred in terms of esthetic aspects.
Ba series of clear, removable aligners are used to solve basic dental irregularities.
Diagram of Braces :
* Arch wire: arch wire is held to each bracket in order to apply force on each tooth and make desired movement.
* ligature wire: a thin wire which is used to held the archwire to the brackets.
* Elastic ligature: a tiny elastic circle which is used to held the archwire to the brackets.
* Brackets: brackets are directly bonded on the teeth or bands and hold the archwire .
* Direct tube: a tube shaped bracket which is especially bonded to the molars .
* Hook: hooks are used for intraoral elastic wear and help movement of the teeth to their final position.
* Chain elastics: mostly used for closing the gaps between the teeth.
* Intraoral elastics: these elastics are used to position the teeth in their final position.